Please visit www.donttearmedown.com to help stop this insanity

I can’t believe this.  As an American citizen…it shakes my faith in our Government. As the daughter of a retired World War II Veteran, it makes me sad.

What’s next? Removal of the crosses from Arlington National Cemetery?

Please visit www.donttearmedown.com and make yourself heard.  Tell the ACLU and the Supreme Court to leave this cross alone.  Let it stand as it has since 1934 in memory our veterans who have sacrificed for our freedom, those that have died and those that are currently serving.  They fought for you…will you fight for them?

Comments

1. I value the service of every veteran. It is the veterans, that maintain the freedoms that allow someone like the gentleman in Oregon to even say he is offended. There is no offense in a cross, especially in the middle of the desert. We need to stop the ACLU from turning this country into an atheistic communist country. We all need to stand up against them.

2. Thanks so much, Brad.

3. Paul Gruendler says:

I THINK IT IS A SHAME THE THE ACLU HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO THEN MESS WITH THIS. THEY SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF THEM SELFS. THEY MAY NOT BE HERE IF IT WAS’NT FOR VETS. WHY DON’T THEY GO TO IRAC AND SEE WHAT GOOD THEY COULD DO OVER THERE.

4. Susan Bauman says:

Enough is enough! We need to stop the ACLU & ACORN.

5. Mel Veatch says:

This isn’t the only suit ACLU has going on. For 20 + years they have been trying to have The Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial near San Diego taken down. There is a very good article in the September issue of The American Legion. On behalf of my husband who is active duty millitary, I want to say thank you for supporting the cross.

6. Thanks so much for your comments. Mel, I thank you for sharing the information about the September Issue of the American Legion Magazine (My dad was a lifetime member of the American Legion).

I’ve included a link to the issue (http://www.legion.org/magazine/2873/monumental-challenge) which has a great video attached and I invite everyone to watch. Thanks so much for sharing and to your husband for his service.

It is my honor and privilege to support the Cross.

7. Maryellen Mungovan says:

As a retired DVAMC nurse, I stand by the convictions of the Veterans and Lawyers of Liberty Legal Institute that want to keep the memorial standing. If the crosses are allowed on graves at Arlington National Cemetary that is government land, it seems that this cross should be allowed to stand on government land in the Mojave Desert.
    I have confidence that the Supreme Court will agree.
    Thank you for allowing me to comment.

8. Thanks so much for your service, Maryellen. I stand firmly beside you!

9. james carter says:

down with aclu and what it stands for leave the cross alone.

10. Maurice Dixon says:

I dont know how any attorney that works for the ACLU calls himself an American or can sleep at night. This is going to far. This country was founded on christian principles and this is a memorial for fallen veterans who died for our freedoms. If the ACLU doesnt like it they have the right to leave and they should do so. They have no standards for what they fight for. I guess thats why they are defending prisoners at Guatmo. If they win this suit. Americans need to come together and bring repercussions to them like they have never seen before.

11. James & Maurice~ Thanks for your support of this Veteran’s Memorial!

12. Carol Patterson says:

And what else would we expect from an organizaton like the ACLU….
    Do they publish their membership? and financial supporters? It would be interesting to see what Constitution crushing costs and who is paying for it? How much do they get in Tax-payer Grants?…Tax-breaks? Other donations from American tax-payers…?
    Another ‘union’…just what we (don’t) need.
    And they want to remove the Cross, a symbol of how they got where they are today. They should support this, if for no other reason than to say ‘Thank You” for this galant gentleman giving his life so that they may flourish. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
    Down with the ACLU…UP WITH MORE CROSSES EVERYWHERE!!!!

13. If they take the cross down we will put another one up.

14. As a disabled US Marine, I have made it my quest to stop the ACLU from this direct attack on our Christian American Veterans. I am in Texas right now, just drove from NY in my RV this week. I will be in Arizona and Nevada helping some of our Vets and doing everything I can to try and stop the cross from coming down next month. If the cross comes down I have another on already strapped to the roof of my RV ready to go up. If the ACLU does not like it .. to bad. I am also bringing a flag I received from the American Cemetery in the former Clark AFB that flew over the WWII march of death memorial where American Soldiers died and are buried. People it is time to stand our ground, let them drag me from the hill, it is the least I can do for these fellow WWI soldiers who came before me. God Bless America, God Bless Our Troops everywhere, and may God Protect us ALL!!

15. Carol and Dave,
    Thanks so much for your comments and Dave, thanks for your service to our country and your service to our veterans and the cross. You are a hero in my book.

God bless~

16. Tania Tanner says:

The majority of America believes in God, believes in what the cross stands for, and believes in what the men and women of the military services stand for in this country. Who decided we need to cater to the very few people who don’t? How is it possible these people can want to tear down something that signifies freedom and the people who willingly gave their lives to protect our freedom? The ACLU is filing a lawsuit for a single man in another state who could POSSIBLY drive through the state and MAY possibly see it and MIGHT become offended by it? REALLY!?! Well, I KNOW the ACLU has offended me.

17. Great comment. I agree. The ACLU offends more American’s than it claims to help “protect”. The people who feel they need to be “protected” from God…we’ll I pity them.